You do NOT have to register to ATTEND any OA meeting. There are no dues or fees to attend a meeting.
Overeaters Anonymous has approximately 6,500 meetings in over 80 countries. Use the search buttons to find a face-to-face, telephone, online, or non-real-time meeting (meetings that do not meet in real time, such as loops, social media, and mobile apps).
To be registered with the WSO, OA meetings must fulfill the definition of an OA group, which means they meet to practice the Twelve Steps and Traditions of OA, welcome all who have the desire to stop eating compulsively, do not require members to practice any actions to remain a member or to share at a meeting, and as a group they have no affiliation other than OA.
What you will find at OA meetings is:
- Acceptance of you as you are now, as you were, as you will be.
- Understanding of the problems you now face — problems almost certainly shared by others in the group.
- Communication that comes as the natural result of our mutual understanding.
- Recovery from your illness.
- Power to enter a new way of life through the practice of the Twelve-Step recovery program, the belief in a power greater than yourself, and the support and companionship of the group.
What you won’t find at OA meetings:
Weigh-ins • Packaged meals • Dues • Fees • “Shoulds” • “Musts”
If you decide that you are one of us, we welcome you with open arms. Whatever your circumstances, we offer you the gift of acceptance. You are not alone anymore. Welcome to Overeaters Anonymous. Welcome home!
Call anytime – phone: (508) 875-0001
Or submit your comment in the form provided.
Please reach out!